Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Henry David Thoreau

Short trip to the Hershey RV Show

Wednesday Sept 12 2012
Gifford Pinchot State Park

 

Another post from the past for my records and your amusement.

Remember David is out of the hospital now (9/20/12).  This is from when he was not but I was too busy to blog about other than hospital matters.

Carrie and I spent the morning at the hospital with David and found out about the ticks.  They had put him on doxycycline and he was sleeping a lot. We left from there to go to the opening day of the Hershey RV Show.

 

It was perfect weather for being outside at an RV Show.

 

Self portrait from the back of the taxi.Sun-Wed 131

The drive was an easy in and an easy out compared to going on the week-end.  We parked  in the GIGANTIC parking lot miles from the arena and immediately up came a Taxi to take us right to the entrance.  Lucky us!

 

 

There were what seemed like acres of RVs nose to tail all along the outside of the Arena.

We walked through not quite a third of the many many RVs outside.  Mostly the class A’s.  When we got to Winnebago we discovered that they have gone back into the trailer business and have put out a new small trailer called the Minnie.  Three sizes, 19’, 22’ and 27’.  Guess it’s not a Minnie Winnie since that was a Class C they used to make but that’s what I’d call it if I owned one.  This 19’ looks just my size doesn’t it?

 

Sun-Wed 143

 

One person could full time even in this little one  I believe.  This smallest one appears to be the competition for the increasingly popular 19’ R-Pods and 17’ Casitas. 

It’s a step ahead of both of those  in my opinion with a full size refrigerator and a shower stall rather than having to get the entire bathroom wet.  You’d have to see those others to know what I’m talking about.  The smallest one has a full queen bed, 3 burner stove, oven, double sink and dinette that makes into a bed.

In addition to white there are these other two colors – well you won’t lose your camper in the dark that’s for sure.  I forgot to take a picture of the lime green so this is off the brochure.

Minnie Winnie

walking stick and minnie winnie 011

 

 

 

On this first day of the show, even with the beautiful weather, the inside was more crowded than the outside.  I can’t imagine it on the week-end.

We walked around inside upper circle and found that only Delaware and Virginia had state park booths so I got some information from both of them.  Even Pennsylvania did not have a booth.  I found that very odd at an RV show.

 

Sun-Wed 147

Like the outside, the inside was huge. There were venders on both sides of the upper circle outside and on the entire arena floor.   Everyone was walking around with a bright yellow Good Sam Camping World Bags and competing in the 11 button collection to spin for a prize.  One price was some number of seconds in the money booth where you could grab all the money you could.   We watched this a couple of times and it was pretty clear the the money was very small bills.  You had to catch it in the air.  You could not grab it off the floor.   Pretty funny watching guys do this.   But not for us.

 

Sun-Wed 134

 

Sun-Wed 133

 

Four hours was enough at one time of walking around and looking.  Carrie wanted to see the“cooking show”.  So we took a seat.

This was a great demonstration of wonderful looking pans. He demonstrated the use of a multi piece shredder type tool which I would love to have had as well as 4 of the different pans while cooking an entire meal in 20 minutes.  We sampled the food which was excellent.  The whole thing was very impressive.  Royal Prestige is the name of the cookware. I would love to own these surgical steel pans.  You need no oil and no water to cook in them.  Great for low fat Vegans.  Of course the pans are ON SALE for only $1000 for the smallest set.  Not in my budget this year for sure.  But they really did look like a great investment.

 

Sun-Wed 150

 

With that we ended our RV show stay, grabbed another taxi to the car, stopped by the hospital  and then finally back to Winnona for the night.

27 comments:

  1. wow thats alot for a set of pots and pans...I have a nice set of paderno and didn't pay that for them...and they too us very very little water...looks like you an Carrie had a super day...hope David is doing well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Elaine. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice day and that David is continuing to improve!!

    We saw a Winnebago Fifth Wheel at Myrtle Beach State Park. The owner said that this was new and he got his in February. So I guess Winnebago is expanding it's market!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm a Winnebago 5th wheel. I don't think we saw one of those. Must mean business is good. Which must mean the economy is on the up swing. Wonder what that means for the election. Oh never mind I didn't mean to bring that up.

      Delete
  3. Had we gone to the RV show, we would have visited before the weekend, too. I can't imagine the crowds on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's for sure why we did it. Always do it that way, in Tampa too. Really don't like crowds and luckily we retired folks don't have to go on the week-ends. Boy is that NICE.

      Delete
  4. Be careful about Royal Prestige cookware...there are tons of complaints on the web about the cookware itself and the salesmanship tactics. There is some really nice waterless cookware out there for a lot less money. Just my two cents worth.. :-) We didn't see many state parks represented at the Tampa show either...Guess they can't afford to send reps? Love those little colorful Winnie's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never spend that much for a set of cookware for sure. But he did a great job of demonstrating with no hard sales press. I liked the steam vents that whistled. :-)

      Delete
  5. Always fun to see what the new RVs look like, and dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that I still haven't seen any Class A I'd trade Winnona for but if I was a solo that little Minnie would be just the thing. Small and easy.

      Delete
  6. As you know, the weekend was crowded! Last year when we went and bought ours, the weather was chilly & rainy, so it wasn't too bad. Did not see the cooking demo...but $1000 would be out of my range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never spend that much for cookware but the free food was very good. Worked out great for us. We were tired, so we sat down and watched for 20 minutes and had some snacks. We didn't stay to see if he sold any.

      Delete
  7. Yes, Winnie is in the trailer business (again, that's where they started years ago). They bought out a trailer manufacturing company, upgraded the designs and quality and went into production. A smart move because about 75% of all RVs are trailers.

    But I don't think I'd want one painted yellow like a lemon, that would seem to be starting off on the wrong foot... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to their roots. I'm glad to see it and think their Minnie is going to give the other little ones a real run for their money. How about lime Paul??

      Delete
  8. Google waterless cookware. You can get an entire set for around $200 online. Here is a link to a set on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Maxam-KT17-9-Element-Surgical-Stainless-Steel-Waterless/dp/B00077BHPS Back almost 25 years ago when I thought I had money, I spent the $1,000+ for a set of the waterless cookware sold in a home party. I still have them, and love them. They still look new. I sound like a commercial, but it is one of the times I spent a lot of money and haven't regretted it. If I had to replace them now, though, I'd go cheaper online for essentially the same stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting Shadowmoss. Thanks for the information. These definitely looked like they would last a lifetime.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the Minne post, happy to see you took a little ME time, while David was occupied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. I'm glad to have your comments. We only had a couple of hours but we enjoyed being together and seeing it all.

      Delete
  10. I would love to be able to stand up! lol

    What fun looking ... Judy don't want to pull anything but a popup roof would be soooo cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. We will be going to Portland RV Show in November. We already plan on going on opening day which is a Thursday. I'm looking forward to seeing the Winnie Trailer even though we are in the market for a van or Class C.

    Glad David is out of the hospital and trusting he is doing well

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun. I have been wanting to go to an RV show !!! I am planning to get an RV in the next year or two . Would be so fun to look at all the different ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post that captured well what we did :) So many RVs! So much sunshine! That was a very enjoyable day indeed, minus, of course, having to visit Pops in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yikes -- $1,000 for cookware!! Don't think we'll be buying any.

    I kinda like the citrus colors of those Minnies. It would sure be easy to spot your RV!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kind of like the yellow and green trailers. At least they're unique! Glad to hear that David is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read, yesterday, that Winnebago is bringing back the Minnie Winnie...the real one!
    Here's the article if you're interested. http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/rv-travel-news/motorhome-news/winnebago-brings-back-minnie-winnie/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those new Winnie trailers sure have some wild colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I chose my little trailer because it has a dedicated shower, too. For just me and Jack it has everything I need, and I love having all the windows surrounding me when I wake up next to a river! http://tinyurl.com/ca8abpp I got the bunk over queen, but I use that end for storage--it's where Lizzie and Jack used to sleep. I turned the dinette into a permanent bed for myself. Very comfy. It's 21 foot--don't think I'd want to go any smaller than that.

    I've been down with a virus the past few days so I was hoping to see another post. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are the best part of this blog for me.
I LOVE hearing from you!